Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales Executive, Disney Media DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 579057BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business Walt Disney International Date posted Jul. 25, 2018
Job Summary:Disney Media Distribution (DMD) is the team responsible for strategic distribution of TWDCs studio and media assets throughout ANZ.
We as a team need to ensure we are aligned for growth and sustained revenue for TWDC. To do this, we work closely with our local partners and platforms including FTA, PTV, SVOD and Digital across Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for a highly motivated Sales Executive to join our DMD team on a 12 month maternity contract.
Reporting to the Sales Director, DMD, you will support the Sales Director on day to day management of the TV, SVOD & PTV sales with our clients in the ANZ region. In addition, the role works with our Business Manager (Digital) and is responsible for managing our smaller, local digital accounts in order to grow the EHVL and VOD businesses.
- Be able to identify business opportunities with existing clients. This includes researching and analysing the market and developing news sales initiatives
- Pitching our product by establishing rapport and maintain critical relationships with key clients in the ANZ region
- Works with our Sales Director on all aspects of closing the sale for our TV content including new product to market and renewal opportunities. This includes triggering post sales administration including drafting deal memos, communicating agreed terms in a timely manner with clients and working with internal deliveries team
- By regularly reviewing our catalogue, this role will make recommendations and strategies to support DMD’s portfolio focussing on syndication sales
- Communicate effectively across all Disney lines of businesses
- Maintains a level of professionalism and quality service to all internal and external clients
- Contributes as a vital team member and aids in broader opportunities and strategic conversations on the media and entertainment landscape across both markets
- Tracking overnight programme ratings and keeping up to date with industry intel across both markets
- Works with our Business Manager (Digital) in maintaining solid relationships with our digital clients and will include all aspects of managing our smaller accounts o This includes making campaign recommendations, implementing pricing strategies, TPRs and lifecycle management of a title throughout the transactional window to drive consumer demand
- Works closely with our Sales Administration Team on product ‘avails’ issued to our FTA, PTV, SVOD and Digital clients
- Works with the Sales Administration Executive on Technical Questionnaires (TQs) with our team in Singapore and our ANZ clients
- Working closely with our Finance team on ad-hoc requests and annual strategic projects such as AOP and 5YP
- Minimum 3-5 years working in the media industry
- Sales experience essential
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Advanced Computer skills - Excel (advanced formulas etc.) and advanced powerpoint
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Pro-active, self-starter who is able to work independently, prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to examines issues from a broad perspective while considering impact beyond immediate scope
- Excellent time management skills and ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and business acumen • Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive attitude and willingness to take on projects Strong understanding of the TV and digital landscape
- Passion for film/television and new technologies
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.