Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Creative Manager - Content & Consumer EngagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 551692BR Location Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted May. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Disney is seeking a Senior Creative Manager on a 12 month FTC to lead the Creative division of our Content and Consumer Engagement (CCE) team. The role is responsible for:
- Establishing and driving the adoption of the creative vision and art direction across all digital, linear and social consumer touch points.
- Establishing the creative vision and design direction for content, branding and marketing - developed by and for the Content & Consumer Engagement team.
- Delivering linear, social and digital creative concepts and brand identities in line with business objectives.
- Aligning to the overall Creative and Franchise Direction of TWDC set the creative priorities for the Content and Consumer Engagement team across ANZ digital, social and linear media platforms.
- Responsible for brand identities, tone of voice and overall creative style guides and quality of brand output across digital, social, linear and associated marketing.
- Ensure content marketing campaigns implement and adhere to the style guide, tone of voice and content check list created for each brand voice.
- Be a positive influence - Manage, mentor and inspire the Content and Consumer Engagement teams to deliver creative solutions that achieve original objectives and elevating the design, art direction and voice of all creative deliverables.
- Oversee in-house and external production teams, review and approve design quality, timely-delivery and ongoing improvement of creative designs, copy and video production for the Disney, Marvel and Star Wars brands across all platforms and associated marketing/communications plans.
- In partnership with the Brand and Franchise team - ensure consistent representation of our brands across all digital, social and linear formats and platforms and associated content marketing campaigns.
Integration & Collaboration
- Partner with Head of Creative by leading the CCE function so that environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes and expectations support the strategic goals of the company.
- Collaborate with franchise leads to develop brand identities, tone of voice and style guides for Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars franchises for execution across ANZ media platforms.
- Actively engage and persuasively pitch to cross company stakeholders in understanding and supporting creative ideas and designs.
- Work closely with Digital, Content and Linear Producers and Business Unit stakeholders to negotiate the best execution against projects timelines and budgets.
- Communicate best practices, guidelines and other processes that support improved customer experience, engagement and sales. Ensure a collaborative approach across Sydney and Melbourne locations - working as one voice, one vision, and acting as a creative mentor.
Team & People
- Train, Inspire and develop creatives – providing line management, direction and support.
- Set the expectations and highest standards for a creative and successful team attitude and professional development.
- Contribute to a culture of creativity and original thinking.
- Be a leader, lead by example and support our values; Accountability, Fun, Creativity, Collaboration, Passion, Integrity, Family
Basic Qualifications:The position requires 8+years’ experience working in a creative or digital agency, or corporate digital production team, ideally completing major projects for entertainment or media clients. Strong Design background with depth in experience of branding, typography, user experience and responsive design is required.
- Ability to collaborate with other business leaders and effectively manage stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to manage timelines and budgets.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment, and to prioritise and allocate work in order to meet delivery deadlines.
- Experience as a team leader and people manager.
- Strong team player, able to work in a busy and demanding environment.
- Ability to collaborate with and manage the output of external creative vendors.
- Ability to drive brand identity and creative concepts
- Experience with designs for entertainment or media brands and a portfolio which represents ‘creative storytelling’
- Expert in design, with proven ability to recommend and implement best practice solutions.
- Experience and understanding of the digital landscape.
- Experience of delivering integrated and multi-channel campaigns.
- A relentless drive and passion for creative innovation and new ideas, and true understanding of what the Disney brand represents
- Up to 12 month Fixed Term Contract
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.