Assistant Accountant- Fox Studios AustraliaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737656BR Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Media Networks; Parks, Experiences and Products; Studio Entertainment; and Direct-to-Consumer and International.
For more than nine decades, The Walt Disney Company has created entertainment of the highest quality. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s, to its distinguished name in the entertainment industry today – which includes Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, ESPN and 21st Century fox – Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Its mission has and always will be to entertain, inform and inspire people around the globe through the power of storytelling.
Responsibilities:The role is responsible for the delivering of best practice financial accounting practices to support the Fox Filmed Entertainment Group of businesses. The Company reports through to Fox group of companies in LA on a monthly basis.
The position requires a diligent self-starter who can take ownership of the role and is fundamental in driving the company forward. Financial processing must be accurate with an opportunity to add value to the business. The desire for continuous improvement in processes and reporting is a key element. The finance team is lean requiring a dedicated team player.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Job Costing analysis and reconciliations
- Accounts payable processing, including EFT payments
- Accounts receivable processing
- Cash management, including cash receipts
- Purchase order administration
- Internal control compliance
- Liaise with the Fox Studios team to ensure all information is provided to the finance team on a timely manner
- Fox Studios Australia
- Fox Filmed Entertainment Australia
- Fox Production Services
- Fox Australia Productions
- Other Special Purpose Entities as required
- Job Costing Processing and Analysis
- Accounts Payable processing and analysis
- Accounts receivable billing
- Cash receipts
- Purchase orders
- Implement process improvements as initiated
- Processing of job costing and ensuring appropriate recharging
- Data entry
- EFT & BPAY processing
- Processing of expense claims
- Filing/scanning of documents
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Validate account coding as required
- Verify accuracy of coding and approvals
- Process and validate billing and recharging of all revenue streams
- Lighting Revenue Import and validation lighting division
- Perform account reconciliation as required
- Print and post invoices
- Reconcile AR sub-ledger to general ledger
- Process bank receipts and complete banking
- Ensure compliance with all Fox Studios Australia and departmental safety policies and procedures relating to the position
- Provide support to Financial Accountant, Finance Manager and Finance Director
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Strong organisational skills and analytical ability
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literate, excel, word
- Efficient, proactive team player
- Internal control focus
- Property and/or facilities accounting experience desired but not essential
- Ability to work with change
- Takes responsibility for accuracy and completeness
- Experience working within a Finance department in a similar role
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting and / or a related discipline or studying towards
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.