Creature FX ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10000857 Location Sydney, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for Creature FX Artists who reflect the creative talent, production excellence and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Creature FX Artist is responsible for running hair and cloth simulations, as well as rigid body dynamics on VFX or CG feature projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Building simulations set ups
- Run cloth, hair, fur, feather, flesh and rigid body simulations
- Manage communication with the modelling/animation/lighting and rigging departments to continually improve simulations
- Work within Production deadlines
What We’re Looking For:
- Working knowledge of simulation concepts
- Experience setting up and running cloth, hair, and muscle simulations in Houdini and/or Maya
- Experience making model corrections for shot finalisation
- Background working in shot work for Creature FX, Tech-Anim or FX
- You probably have 3 or more years experience in VFX, and a interest and aptitude for learning new software and pipeline
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Australia) Pty. Ltd., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.