Already applied?View Dashboard
Creature Technical Director Sydney, AustraliaApply Now Apply Later Job ID oDUCafw3 Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
Creature TDs are responsible for setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, cloth, rigid body simulations as well as able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
- Set up and run proprietary cloth, hair, flesh surfaces and rigid body simulations
- Hero-creature enveloping using a combination of commercial software packages and proprietary tools
- Run flesh-volume simulations
- Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines
- Mentor entry level artists
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages
- Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya/XSI
- Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines, such as:
- MOCAP data re-targeting in XSI/Maya;
- Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required
- At least 3 years work experience required in 3D CGI for digital animation, visual effects or producing cg characters and creatures for visual media
- At least 3 years work experience as a Maya rigger in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials or producing cg characters and creatures for visual media
Required Skills / Competencies
- Drive for result
- Plans well and Manages Priorities
- Stay Agile and Flexible
- Good social skills and communication skills
- Thinks Analytically and innovatively
- Always curious and seek for new learning opportunities
Required Technical Skills
- Proficiency with Linux is required
- Expertise with Maya and Massive is required
- Experience with python scripting
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.