Emerging Talent SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10048381 Location Sydney, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted May 24, 2023
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Emerging Talent Specialist to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Emerging Talent Specialist is responsible for implementing and delivering programmes in the areas of outreach and emerging talent development for the Sydney Studio's talent strategy.
● Work closely with talent leadership teams in Sydney to offer pragmatic and informed emerging talent solutions which meet both the business need and wider/global people agenda, e.g. diversity and inclusion, mentorship and recruitment programmes etc.
● Support programs, e.g. all Jedi Academy initiatives including Internships, Grads and Trainees as appropriate in partnership with the leadership teams in Talent, HR and the Studio Talent Group.
● Participate in internal talent development programs (ie mentorship)
● Evaluate the success of emerging talent programs, reporting results to the studio management team
● Be a primary contact for grant or funding applications related to emerging talent, coordinating all reports and deliverables as required.
● Build and/or further develop relationships with key education establishments including schools, colleges, universities, apprenticeship training providers etc. to develop awareness of ILM’s programmes.
● Partner with Recruitment teams to represent ILM at industry events and working groups in the areas of emerging talent and education
● Support requests for speakers at educational and industry events, liaising with talent/line managers
Education / Experience:
● You have a Bachelor's Degree or you have gained that experience by working in our industry. Experience in project management
● An interest in and understanding of the VFX industry.
● Experience working in a training or recruitment position is advantages
Required Skills / Competencies:
● Ability to collaborate
● Demonstrated ability to manage projects that cut across multiple business units
● Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisation
● Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
● Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
● Competent use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive)
At Lucasfilm/ILM we believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are integral to our company. We are at our best when our people at all levels reflect the vast life experiences of our audiences, and we thrive when ideas and decisions from all are valued and represented. If you are passionate about the role, but don't fit every criteria of the posting, we encourage you to still apply. We want to hear your story.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Australia) Pty. Ltd., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.