Facilities Coordinator Sydney, AustraliaApply Now Apply Later Job ID olvMbfwx Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Dec. 19, 2019
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Facilities Coordinator to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Facilities Coordinator’s primary emphasis is working with our studio Facilities Manager to support the studio, and also covers communication and coordination for the executive team. This position reports to the Facilities Manager, while also providing scheduling and administrative support to the EIC.
- Acts as first point of contact and security at reception area; receives and announces visitors, candidates and deliveries.
- Book visitors into the FSA Visitor Access system
- Manage the purchasing and stocking of pantry supplies, first aid kits, facility craft services needs and office supplies.
- Manage visitor parking in the ILM Visitor Car Parks
- Manage meeting room booking and set-up
- Assist with general studio maintenance requirements
- Assist in maintaining studio cleanliness, including but not limited to, packing and unpacking the dishwasher
- Create and maintain a staff contact list
- Assist with on-boarding of new staff, uploading details into company systems accordingly
Leadership support tasks
- Maintaining appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Partnering closely with internal departments to provide and/or receive necessary information, materials needed for meetings or events.
- Following up on business trips, meetings, events and pushing agendas on behalf of the EIC.
- Assisting in the management of other leadership team members such as presentation and meeting preparations, event organization and logistics.
- General administrative support (Task tracking, document printing, NDAs, etc)
Education / Experience
- At least 2 years of working experience in a fast paced, international environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Experienced in coordinating events, projects, or large groups of people.
- Experience or passion to work in dynamic environment; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and execution skill
- Keen eye for detail, highly proactive and able to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally, works exceptionally well with executives, staff and external vendors/visitors.
- Ability to work independently and at times with limited direction.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.