Look Development Artist Sydney, AustraliaApply NowApply Later Job ID oyCMgfwW Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 01, 2021
The Look Development Artist is responsible for producing high quality look dev and shading for our CG assets used in production. Have the flexibility of moving into lighting shot production, producing high end lighting during show production.
We are looking for a creative who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, team- oriented mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
What You'll Do
On any given day you may partner with Look Dev, Texture and Lighting teams along with Production team to:
- Create and maintain materials and shading networks, from simple materials using provided shading templates to custom hero materials and complex shading networks, with artist usability and user- interface support in mind.
- Execute the desired look of complex CG assets, including creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
- Determining various design solutions; provide feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Work closely with model, texture, groom and lighting technical directors to achieve the desired look of assets.
What We Are Looking For
- An outstanding and varied aesthetic with the ability to interpret a multitude of creative visions.
- Display a deep knowledge of real world materials, energy conservation principles, and physically based rendering and shader models.
- Experience producing a variety of different material styles ( hard- surface, organic, groom, FX - driven )
- Extensive experience with a modern path-traced production render engine.
- Experience building and maintaining complex shading networks, with a focus on methodical and efficient network design.
- Have a strong handle on the latest 3D concept tools and as a bonus some working knowledge of modeling and texturing.
- Have multiple years of relevant experience in high-end feature film visual effects. Production Katana experienced required.
- At ease with Linux-based operating systems. Scripting experience preferred ( Python / lua )
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.