Marketing CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 774479BR Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business ESPN Date posted Feb. 16, 2021
- This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Responsibilities:Broadcast Partners & ESPN Programming
- Managing the Electronic Program Guide and writing ESPN program synopses.
- Managing delivery of marketing assets to ESPN’s broadcast partners (imagery, footage and copy).
- Approvals for ESPN & partner marketing assets.
- Coordination of monthly priorities/themes/stunts across all broadcast partners and social media.
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with the preparation and execution of ESPN marketing campaigns.
- Support the Communications team with PR/Comms activities including press releases, pitches, image requests, and media alerts as required.
- Work closely with programming and on-air promotions teams to ensure ESPN’s on-air strategy is continuously optimised to broaden the audience and increase ratings.
- Plan and monitor social media activity in conjunction with the social media editor.
- Monitor ESPN’s on-air presence and report findings back to wider team to inform ongoing programming and promotion strategy.
- Manage above and below the line campaigns with ESPN’s media agency.
- Work alongside the creative solutions team to ensure all advertising sales collateral is on-brand and consistent with brand guidelines.
- Assisting with ideation and execution of trade marketing activations (merchandise orders, organising viewing parties, trade media nights, etc.).
- Collate insights, feedback and key learnings into post-campaign reports to be shared with internal and external stakeholders.
Research & Analytics
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate market trends, consumer behaviour and competitor activity against ESPN performance to identify opportunities for the business.
- Act as key liaison between ESPN’s research and operations teams, communicating relevant insights to key stakeholders (e.g. sales team, broadcast partners and external agencies).
Key Stakeholder Relationships
- Ongoing collaboration with programming, editorial and advertising sales to maximise opportunities across business units.
- Manage relationships with external media and creative agencies.
- Ensure all marketing activities comply with the relevant legal requirements, contractual requirements, ESPN branding requirements and ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Brand and/or account coordinator experience preferred.
Additional Information:To be successful in the role, you will need:
- A keen interest in sport and sport’s media is a must, particularly U.S. sports.
- Familiarity with ESPN Australia’s current broadcasting rights, talent and digital properties.
- Good understanding of the 18-34-year-old consumer, including their digital habits and market trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with excellent attention to detail.
- To be articulate, professional and courteous when dealing with internal and external partners.
- To be organised and manage time effectively and prioritize work in a time efficient manner.
- A willingness to work across time-zones, including joining calls outside normal working hours, often in the morning to connect with US colleagues.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and Keynote
- A basic understanding of digital marketing (e.g. SEO, database management, AdWords, email marketing and social media marketing).
- Photoshop experience preferred
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Australia Pty Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.