Modeling SupervisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10000806 Location Sydney, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for a Modeling Supervisor who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent and collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Modeling Supervisor is responsible for oversight and supervision of the modeling department at ILM Sydney.
- Supervise the modeling team in the delivery of high quality models on time and within budget for multiple ILM projects, working in close partnership with project leadership teams.
- Provide balanced technical and creative supervision for the modeling team, ensuring all ILM current tools are used and future developments, tools and techniques are introduced into the team
- Work on the box to deliver models at an ILM standard
- Work on bids for the modeling team, ensuring time frames are achievable to meet the high level of results required both at the pre production and production phase
- Develop a close working relationship with the texture, look development, and environment teams in order to meet high outcomes for asset creation
- Work closely with talent management in continuous performance management of the modeling team with the aim to have diverse, high performing modelers who are able to cover a broad range of modeling styles and aesthetics to a high quality
Required Skills / Technical Competencies:
- A highly skilled VFX professional with extensive experience in the craft of modeling and shot sculpting in high end global teams
- A reel demonstrating CG modeling experience including wireframes and traditional art work, together with drawings, paintings, photography, etc. Work should include shot breakdown.
- A solid blend of artistic and technical skill in modeling, with a passion for detail and creating quality work with experience in Zbrush/Mudbox, Maya, Mari experience(preferred)
- You have demonstrated experience and a passion for leading teams, with a collaborative and positive supervisory style
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Australia) Pty. Ltd., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.