Already applied?View Dashboard
Network Engineer Sydney, AustraliaApply Now Apply Later Job ID oQlxafwC Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jul. 15, 2019
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s four studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Network Engineer to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
ILM's Network engineering team designs, engineers and administers the company network infrastructure including firewall rule management, wired and wireless infrastructure management, and production systems network infrastructure. Responsibilities will be based largely in our Sydney office but support of our other facilities will likely be required.
- Configure and maintain and upgrade software of network equipment – both LAN and WAN.
- Diagnose and repair networks and problems associated with switch/routers and hosts providing services.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Configure and troubleshoot the network that supports connectivity to the business' applications.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose advanced network problems.
- Monitor the incident queue and take ownership of issues needing resolution.
- Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management and the architecture teams.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents and update/maintain all documentation requested by management
- Monitor network logs and activities to ensure high levels of on-line performance and reliability are obtained within the client/server environment.
- Participate in and Perform escalations and triage to resolve service interruptions.
- Participate and respond to after-hours on-call rotations
Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience in a corporate IT environment.
- Minimum of 4 years prior experience in network and communications systems ideally in a Visual Effects/Post-Production/Film Production environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches, load-balancers and related network equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF & BGP, Fabric/Mesh technologies, spanning-tree configuration and issue troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network security management tools and concepts including, Firewalls, IPS, AV, load-balancers, air-gap configurations, and ACLs.
- Diagnosing network issues end-to-end, from physical connectivity for servers and other devices, to VLAN configurations, access-list, NAT issues.
- Have knowledge of IP protocols, and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump/snoop.
- Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
- Willingness to take on tasks beyond job scope.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others required.
- Energetic, self-motivated with the ability to efficiently multi-task in an organized manner in a fast-paced environment with many demands and priorities required.
- Up to 8 hours/day on computer.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel to other campuses as needed
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.