Senior Recruiter - Expression of Interest Sydney, AustraliaApply NowApply Later Job ID ozWIdfwa Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 15, 2020
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a variety of talent to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
We are looking for a Senior Recruiter who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Senior Recruiter is responsible for driving recruitment best practices, processes and delivery across the Sydney Studio. This involves consulting with hiring managers on clearly defining the business needs to ensure the sourcing, assessment and delivery of the best talent to the studio.
What you’ll do
- Identify, advertise, screen, interview and recommend candidates for VFX artists, production and support positions, including sourcing, managing interview logistics, offer letter preparation and reference checks.
- Drive the continuous improvement of ILM’s employment brand by taking part in various social media campaigns and recruitment events such as career fairs, industry conferences, open houses and school forums
- Provide coaching and mentoring to managers to develop recruitment skills in addition to providing input into the matching of potential candidates to suitable positions.
- Assist with the further development and implementation of recruitment methods in order to successfully attract top quality candidates appropriate to the position and company needs.
- Partner with global recruiting team, sharing knowledge and resources in order to effectively and efficiently fill requisitions with the best available talent across all geographies
What we’re looking for
- You probably have 8 or more years experience in recruitment specializing in the VFX, animation and/or games industry and a genuine passion for finding the best talent
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills coupled with maturity and impact to establish good working relationships across the organization
- Ability to join forces and work across a diverse, matrixed organisation and build strong partnerships with internal and external networks.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.