Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Texture Artist Sydney, AustraliaApply Now Apply Later Job ID oyJ5afwg Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 20, 2019
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking Senior Texture Artists to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Senior Texture Artists are responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Works with production team (Leads and Supervisors) to execute the desired look of CG objects.
- Creates the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD's in achieving desired look of models.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience
- 8+ years of experience in the high-end feature film visual effects.
- Demo reel and portfolio showing knowledge and experience in painting or illustrating
Required Skills / Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
Required Technical Skills
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Experience in UV layout, texture projections, and 2D texture painting in UV layouts
- Strong Katana experience.
- Proficiency in the application and use of textures in one or more 3D applications (Maya strongly preferred).
- Proficiency in Mari, Adobe Photoshop. Zbrush and procedural texture writing experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is required.
Preferred Skills / Experiences
- Modeling skills a plus
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.