Talent Coordinator Sydney, AustraliaApply NowApply Later Job ID oaugefwS Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Dec. 23, 2020
ILM opened its Sydney studio in July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a variety of talent to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
We are looking for a talent coordinator who reflects the collaborative mindset, production excellence and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The talent coordinator is responsible for supporting the talent managers, assisting in VFX crew and capacity management in the ILM studio. Overall the role’s purpose is to support the talent team, providing artists and potential candidates with a positive experience at ILM.
What you’ll do
- Updating and maintaining crewing and capacity spreadsheets and databases
- Pulling and creating reports from crewing databases
- Coordinating and facilitating regular departmental meetings
- Preparing agendas for various artist meetings, taking notes and disseminating as appropriate
- Coordinating post project, probation and annual reviews
- Collating artist annual leave requests for review and approval and provide confirmed holiday information to HR Coordinator for tracking
- Coordinate candidate interviews with recruiters, talent managers, and artist hiring teams
- Providing general administrative support to the talent team
What we’re looking for
- An experienced, proactive and positive coordinator, who is able to form genuine connections with people
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident with excel, some knowledge of databases and superior calendar management skills
- Attention to detail, ability to manage confidential information and a passion for meticulous organisation
- A genuine interest in talent management
- You probably have 2 or more years experience in a related coordination role, either in HR, production or another related creative industry
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.