Talent Manager Sydney, AustraliaApply NowApply Later Job ID oeeLefwb Location Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Feb. 24, 2021
ILM opened its Sydney studio in July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Talent Manager to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Talent Manager creates a positive and supportive environment for the artist and production teams at ILM Sydney by building meaningful relationships with the teams they manage, as well as the show leadership teams.. They work closely with project leadership in order to schedule and manage crew with an overarching focus on the long term growth of artists through performance feedback and career development, so our artists continue in the long term to grow and develop.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…;
- Create a collaborative and supportive environment for the all artists to excel, with an open-door policy to encourage positive communication between you and the artists you manage
- Work closely with show leadership to ensure projects have the right teams assigned, taking into account both the project needs and the career development of the artists
- Assess any capacity and utilisation challenges across your artist and production teams and proactively problem solve any issues, keeping all the relevant information up to date and accurate within our resource planning systems
- Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; helping to develop cross utilisation of teams to promote an effective workflow
- Work with supervisors, production, training and other talent managers to develop training plans for upcoming show needs and ongoing departmental talent development
- Create a positive and constructive feedback environment for your artists with the goal in helping artists grow and meet their long term career goals, as well as continuing to improve their performance
- Manage your team yearly merit increases, yearly merit increases, time off requests and other ad-hoc administration duties, partnering with your studio leadership team
- Identify recruitment requirements for your teams, partnering with recruiters in finding and hiring the best talent, with a continued focus on creating a diverse team
- Manage locally, but think globally - working collaboratively with all ILM studios to maximise crew utilisation
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- You have a genuine passion for management, and the ability to create an environment conducive for all team members to excel
- You have the ability to provide both positive and constructive feedback, and don’t hesitate to have difficult conversations
- Your scheduling and problem solving skills are proven, and your VFX knowledge is sound
- You have a roll the sleeves up attitude, happy to take on a variety of responsibilities all contributing to the end goal of a positive team environment
- People feel comfortable talking to you and sharing their challenges and their successes
- You lead by example
- You have an instinct for creating teams, an eye for spotting talent and a passion for diversity and team culture
- A Bachelor degree in arts, communications, psychology or business and/or related experience working in a creative and collaborative environment
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.