VFX ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10000866 Location Sydney, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
We are looking for a VFX Producer who reflects the production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The VFX Producer partners with the VFX Supervisor to lead the crew in fulfilling the Director’s vision; focusing on managing the budget and schedule, while maintaining the highest quality of work.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with key creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget and schedule.
- Principal project contact for tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes.
- Create, organize, and maintain the overall project schedule.
- Manage the production team.
- Evaluate the project budget and work scope with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate financial reporting.
- Maintain the project crew sheet, collaborating with the talent team to ensure the project is appropriately crewed.
- Collaborate with the talent management team and studio production managers, with a focus on covering the project resource needs and balancing the overall capacity of the studio resources.
- Lead a positive team environment, ensuring a collaborative and respectful work environment for your artists and production teams.
What We’re Looking For
- A positive, proactive and collaborative VFX Producer who has a proven track record delivering VFX projects.
- You probably have 10 or more years experience in VFX Production in all roles, including VFX Producer credits on complex high end projects.
- Highly organised, calm and with solid intuition around project strategy and client management.
- You care about building a collaborative and respectful team dynamic and lead by example in all of your relationships with client, supervisors and colleagues.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art or Communications or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Co. Singapore B.V., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.