VFX RecruiterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10077476 Location Sydney, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Feb. 12, 2024
Founded by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, with studios located in San Francisco, Vancouver, London, Sydney and now, Mumbai. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema. You can see some of our current projects here.
As ILM continues its growth in Sydney, we are seeking a Recruiter to join our team of 5 and be a part of this exciting industry. As the newest Sydney studio Recruiter, you will be responsible for supporting the successful selection and hiring of the best talent for Industrial Light & Magic. Since our studio opened in 2019, the team has hired 500+ people and there is still a huge runway ahead of us. You will have ownership of several departments within the studio and will own hiring from when the vacancy is opened to offering the role to a new colleague.
This position does require some understanding of hiring in a creative industry, ideally with knowledge of VFX, animation, or games, and their various artist disciplines, as well as how a production pipeline could work. Key to this role is the ability to cultivate an environment of care and collaboration, and experience of working in a global company.
What will you be doing?
- Source, screen, interview, and recommend candidates for overhead and artist positions, including working with Recruitment Coordinators and negotiating job offers while creating a positive experience for candidates
- Assess immigration and relocation needs, obtain appropriate approvals and facilitate process with our HR business partners as needed
- Set up a sourcing strategy based on a thorough understanding of position requirements and maintaining an active candidate pool to anticipate future hiring needs of the studio
- Kick off hiring with collaborative hiring meetings and creating documentation that keeps the hiring team together through the process.
- Help build a talent pool and maintain global applicant tracking database along with reporting on appropriate metrics for key stakeholders
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Industrial Light & Magic’s employment brand by taking part in various social media campaigns and recruitment events such as career fairs, industry conferences, open houses and school forums
- Create interview guides/documentation to help scale interview teams and guide interviewers on best practice
- Help deliver interview training to your interviewers
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with hiring managers, HR business partners, and the global talent acquisition team
- Participate in a variety of projects within the global talent acquisition team
- Build and deliver hiring events in Sydney and other locations
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
- You have at least 3 years experience in recruitment, ideally (but not necessarily) specialising in the creative, VFX and/or animation industries. This can be agency or internal but would love a mix of both!
- You have worked in sourcing and recruiting creative candidates from outreach through to offer.
- You are proficient in sourcing candidates via various tools (LinkedIn, social networks, job boards, etc.) and using/maintaining an applicant tracking system. We use Workday but are very interested in someone who has experience with other ATS..
- You appreciate data for its reality and how it can help drive meaningful conversations in recruitment. We do not measure success just on metrics and this is not a KPI lead environment..
- You enjoy the challenge of hard to find candidates from across the globe. This is a challenging industry!
- Ideally you will have sourced candidates in other geographies and worked on relocating them to Australia.
- You love to learn as you go and have worked in a distributed team. If you haven’t before, hopefully you will have always wanted to work in a creative company.
- You have attended events and have an interest in helping us drive this further in 2024.
- You have managed a core req load and up to 7 stakeholders at one time. This role partners closely with department leads, Talent Managers, HR leadership and artists of all levels.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Australia) Pty. Ltd., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.