Assistant Category ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 985350BR Location Taipei City, Taiwan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 08, 2022
- Manage Home Category business for Taiwan:
- Implement global and regional and local Home Category plan / strategy
- Develop appropriate local market category plan
- Ensure licensees have full understanding and are complying with Disney’s business standards.
Responsibilities:2) DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic Management
- Implement global & regional & local Home Category plan / strategy.
- Develop local market Home Category plan in line with global & regional category strategy & plan.
- Help undertake market analysis with limited information from licensee and your market observation to monitor industry trends, regulations, sub-categories performance and retail channels, and come out Disney strategy in different pillar (ex. age segment, sub category, character…etc)
- Identify category key drivers (product, price, and retail channel) for CP to synchronize with category strategy and licensee needs.
- Help contribute to regional / global discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue target (wholesale sales, royalty revenue, revenue and OI) for specific categories/licensees assigned.
- Identify & Pitch new local licensees by the market analysis to align with your category development plan and hit royalty target.
- Identify product, property, and channel gaps and ensure that there is a plan in place to fill the gaps.
- Come up with business proposal for key licensees to increase Disney products presence by suggesting products development and marketing communication.
- Coordinate with DCP ILS Compliance Group to ensure licensees comply with Disney’s labor standards.
- Coordinate with DCP Product Integrity Group to ensure licensees comply with Disney’s quality and safety requirements.
- Coordinate with Product Development Teams to ensure licensees have 100% OPA approvals on all products delivered to the market.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions.
- Ensure licensees secure Disney brand management approvals on all marketing & retail promotions & collateral materials.
3. Product Development
- Liaise with Product Development team to insure products are consistent with category plan and ongoing product quality improvement program.
- Assist where needed licensee’s product / artwork approvals on OPA with Product Development team.
- Responsible for the assigned licensee budgets/forecasts in the local market.
- Provide forecast of the licensees on monthly/quarterly basis (revenue grading) through the information collected from licensee and market observation.
- Responsible for collection of royalty statements & reports.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of the contract.
- Infused with marketing knowledge and creativity in coordination with Marketing Teams to support sales promotion, events and advertising in the local market.
- Work with other category managers to ensure better understanding of consumer profiles and market needs.
- Ensure licensees implement the Disney branding and visual merchandising programs including all appropriate marketing approvals.
Basic Qualifications:3) REQUISITE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
(i) Education & Training
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
(ii) Working Experience
- 5-7 years working experience in Consumer Products industry at merchandising, marketing, retail or sales related undertakings.
(iii) Personal Attributes
§ Self-directed, self-starter, good ability to work within a team.
§ Good analytical skill and understanding of business and financial concepts.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills
§ Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
§ Marketing and trade marketing background to support good sense of brand value to products. Sales and account management experience will be a plus.
§ Friendly, inclusive, positive, energetic, can do attitude
(iv) Other requisites, languages
§ Fluency in English and Mandarin
§ Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Taiwan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.