Manager, Media Distribution & DigitalApply NowApply Later Job ID 944116BR Location Taipei City, Taiwan Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 10, 2022
Responsibilities:• Fully responsible for delivering the Media Distribution revenue target for HK and TW.
• Oversee local HK and TW DMD content sales, leading all day-to-day operations.
• Build and cultivate key relationships with all clients and potential clients, including global and regional accounts, to advance business goals.
• Working closely with the Director, Content Sales in building a sales strategy to capitalize on revenue opportunities.
• Think strategically and develop plans for new business models and deal renewals across all platforms for Program distribution. This includes Traditional (FTA, Pay TV) & Digital Media (mobile and broadband, OTT), EHV (Electronic Home Video), VOD (Video on Demand), SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand) and PPV (Pay per View).
• Lead agencies and vendors to successfully deploy marketing campaigns to support business goals.
• Communicate effectively within all levels of the organization, including the preparation and presentation of timely and accurate information for management (including internal presentations).
• Manage term sheets & agreement process with Legal.
• Manage company-wide priorities and initiatives with day-to-day job responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications:• A University degree with at least 6-8 years of relevant sales experience in the local entertainment/media sector.
• Preferably strong background in the TV/Digital media business.
• First class track record in operational and commercially focused roles within consumer-facing, preferably international companies.
• Strong background in deal structures and media contracts.
• Exposure to US Studios or has channel sales exposure.
• Good financial modelling and business analysis acumen.
• Strong understanding of the online and mobile industry and its economics.
• Knowledgeable of digital business models and applications.
• Strong sales acumen including pitching and negotiation skills.
• Charismatic, intelligent with entrepreneurial zeal and the ability to work in a lean, highly dynamic and innovative environment.
• Excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to work with peers with a command over English language.
• Ability to work independently and at the same time a good team player.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure from deadlines and on multiple projects.
• Excellent PC skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other application.
• Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese and English Required.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Taiwan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.