Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Franchise MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 698277BR Location Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan, Province of China Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 18, 2019
Develop and implement marketing activations with (a) building our brands and franchises in mind and (b) benefitting multiple LOB’s. Leader is tasked with increasing brand awareness and affinity towards various Disney entertainment offerings, and ultimately help accelerate business growth in Taiwan. Leader and group also are tasked with identifying opportunities within LOB-specific marketing programs that has XLOB implications, and fostering and maximizing synergistic opportunities.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility
- Be a strategic visionary to drive long-term growth of the Walt Disney Company Brand through the individual content franchises within TWDC’s large and diverse IP portfolio.
- Develop and operationalize 1-3 year strategic plans by franchise that support global plans while meeting country objectives. Interface with regional and global counterparts regularly to continuously refine and adjust these plans.
- Drive synergy across LOB’s with regular synergy meetings, organize franchise task forces as need be but above all actively identifying opportunities to connect LOB’s to maximize franchise awareness, affinity and meet business objectives.
- Partner with the Corporate Communications Team on sustained consumer publicity strategies and execution for each franchise beyond key content release windows, as well as effective and responsible usage of our franchises for local Community and Social Responsibility (CSR) executions.
- Manage annual franchise marketing budgets for each franchise.
- Lead brand affinity and research efforts that can inform LOB’s of emerging issues and opportunities within our brands and franchises.
- Lead Creative agency to coordinate franchise branding, packaging and other collateral to drive franchise continuity across all consumer touch points while maintaining global brand integrity and meeting divisional branding requirements.
- Partner with divisional legal and business affairs teams to ensure all necessary rights (IP, copyright, trademark, talent) are cleared for all usages including applicable classes of trade and territories in Taiwan.
- Work with divisional and corporate research teams to ensure Taiwan has the appropriate metrics, analytics and consumer insights to make effective strategic decisions to drive brand and franchise growth in each market.
- Perform any and all other duties, as may from time to time be assigned from management team
- 10+ years marketing experience
- 10+ years marketing experience with 4A Advertising Agency or FMCG industry a plus
- Analytical skills (be able to make sound recommendations based on an integrated understanding of different business units, market trend, and consumer insights).
- Problem solving abilities (be able to resolve issues, and communicate solutions effectively to individual functions)
- Interpersonal skills (a team player; diplomatic, be able to influence decision makers from other functions)
- Presentation skills (persuasive, credible, creative)
- Adaptability (demonstrate maturity and flexibility while being committed to achieve results)
- Written and oral communication skills in both Chinese and English
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Taiwan) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later