Senior Manager, Brand & Content MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 771281BR Location Taipei City, Taiwan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 28, 2020
Our Disney+ North Asia team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of the service across Japan, China, Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships, content programming, research and analytics.
The Senior Manager, Brand & Content Marketing will lead marketing strategy for the Disney Streaming Service, be the subject matter expert on the Disney+ brand and lead product positioning, creative development, promotional optimization, and competitive analysis for the product. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of the Pay-Per-View vertical and a passion for the digital media landscape. The candidate should have a clear understanding of the marketing funnel, knowledgeable about designing experiments, and deriving insights from data with the ultimate goal of growing an engaged audience for Disney+. The role will be positioned at the heart of decision making for The Walt Disney Company, driving the best audience/subscriber experience and commercial outcome for the business.
- Develop, implement, and execute strategic marketing roadmap that drives user acquisition, conversion, and engagement for Disney+
- Craft innovative and competitive product positioning for Disney+ offering
- Partner with Content, BD, Lifecycle, Analytics, and Media teams to influence key growth areas, marketing and messaging strategy, and user experience
- Define KPIs to measure campaign success and forecast performance to inform accurate planning
- Imagine, test, and iterate new conversion tactics across on-channel, off-channel, and emerging platforms
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact marketing initiatives
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
- Minimum 10 years comprehensive and demonstrable experience in building direct-to-consumer brands, in consumer technology, leading consumer brands, or similar multinational company
- Strong experience developing and managing brand marketing campaigns with execution experience across the marketing mix
- Multi-channel marketing experience with a thorough understanding of engagement, retention, and analytics, comfortable with organic and paid disciplines
- Collaborative leader comfortable with complex, cross-functional projects across teams and leagues
- Experience leading cross-functional team alignment and strategic planning
- A self-starter capable of working independently but also as part of a team
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Passion for the digital media and entertainment space
- Fluent written and oral English and Chinese
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Taiwan) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.