Already applied?View Dashboard
Category Manager – Fashion & HomeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 512152BR Location Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand Disney Licensing Date posted Dec. 29, 2017
- Developing and implementing the Category F&H strategy under supervision of the F&H Senior Manager and in close collaboration with other LOB and support functions of the Israel Integrated retail organisation
- Drives growth of Fashion & Home business in line with Disney’s core strategies
- Key responsibility to identify, assess, negotiate and execute new business development initiatives across Israel, expanding category revenues with new partners, through new channels and for new age and gender segments
- Expand Disney brand presence consistently with retailers’ needs
- Category and Sales development responsibilities cross sub categories of Fashion and Home
- Implement the category strategy through Global Regional and local licensing deals, including DTR’s agreement and distribution deals with International LOB partners.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with licensees and retailers
- Regular contact with relevant buyers, departments (e.g. Marketing) at retail
- Team up with Creative services and Fashion Designers to drive the relevant offer and ranges of compelling products in line with Country and LOB Franchise management priorities
- Coordinate product approvals with F&H Product Developer
- Communicate externally with relevant licensees and distributors
- Secure and improve existing licensee’s business, initiate & launch proactively new products, ranges, projects and properties
- Ensure thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions with partners
- Deliver against the middle east F&H home annual financial targets.
- Forge strong relationships with our key partners to fill product gaps and continually grow our market share.
- Support business development initiatives
- Drive and implement TWDC’s franchise strategy with assigned KA
- Manage allocated budgets
- Seek out additional growth opportunities
- Establish and organize the set-up of regular workshops & performance reviews with licensees
Basic Qualifications:- Hebrew Native
- Undergraduate or graduate with ideally a Business Management degree
- Min 4 or more years’ experience in Fashion Categories-sales/buying, preferably in an international environment
- Deep knowledge and experience of GCC retail landscape and respective business patterns
- Experience in Fashion design and product dvt would be an advantage
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task within a small, fast-paced & dynamic group
- At ease with numbers and category finance planning & reporting
Preferred Qualifications:- Know how to build strong network in a multi cultural environment
- Must be comfortable with face-to-face negotiations with retailers, licensees and distributors
- Marketing and Retail Management skill sets are pre-requisite.
- Excellent presentation skills on all levels of retail organizations.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer skilled
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload
- Provide exceptional level of customer service to internal and external clients
Additional Information:- Builds Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives results
- Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Champions Change
- Based in Tel Aviv - Israel
- Flexibility to travel
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Israel, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.