Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 7109439020211201 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 24, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams behind the Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while pushing the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
Disney Streaming's Application Messaging team is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of user notifications to our Disney+, Star+, ESPN+ and Hulu applications. Our set of capabilities provides the foundation for every aspect of the business to deliver push and in-app messages – from user-specific reminders, to content-specific announcements, to solicited advertising, to data analytics and reporting.
The team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, security, and reliability.
- Assisting with design and develop large-scale, reliable and globally available systems that are well tested and maintainable, based on microservices and data pipelines.
- Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements
- Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Scala, Kafka, Kinesis, Redis, MySQL and an array of AWS native services
- Challenge our team and software to be even better
- At minimum 3 years building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Experience with Java or the JVM stack
- Experience working with distributed databases (Aurora, MySQL), caches (Redis) and AWS
- A quality-first attitude with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
- Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality
- Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience.
Please note that this role is open to the Santa Monica HQ or remote.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $97,498 to $130,790 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Disney Streaming embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Disney Streaming is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.