Broadcast Delay Operator (RP)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078268 Location The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 08, 2024
Are you a fan of televised sports, music, and entertainment? Are you eager to learn about regulatory and brand issues? Can you remain calm under pressure and make immediate critical decisions?
The Broadcast Delay Operator role is an essential part-time member of our Standards & Practices team. The right person will serve an integral role alongside Disney’s operations that deliver high quality live TV content across the country. Delay Operators are responsible for operating and engaging the “Delay button” and dropping sound and video as needed for Live broadcasts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Operating from our facility in The Woodlands, TX, your responsibilities will include monitoring live television and executing edits in real-time. You will insert the mutes, bleeps, and cut-a-ways that mitigate risk, helping us deliver quality content that our viewers expect.
This is a part-time role. You will receive assignments for select live broadcasts that occur during the week and weekends. From time-to-time, assignments will include holidays.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Students enrolled in college, or higher education
- Professionals or former professionals with a degree
- Individuals interested in (and committed to) learning and mastering the role
ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Ability to concentrate and stay focused for several hours (e.g., 1-6 hours); with active vision and listening skills
- Attention to detail; incredible focus and quick/instinctive reflex reactions
- Punctuality and ownership with scheduled assignments
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and a commitment to the function
- An awareness of contemporary speech on TV and other media
- Capable of learning rules and applying them contextually as an independent thinker
- Confidence in decision-making
- Ability to think clearly, even under pressure
- Available and flexible to work on weekends and sometimes holidays
- Professional demeanor, and accurate communicator
- Interest in sports, music, entertainment, or the broadcasting process
- Appreciation for brands like Disney and the teamwork that makes our brands great!
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.