Electrician - 3rd ShiftApply NowApply Later Job ID 10043387 Location The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business ESPN Date posted Feb. 28, 2023
Primary areas of attention are supporting technical production, transmission, and data center facilities and technical equipment rooms. Must have ability to work independently when needed, but should also have a proven track record of working well in a collaborative team environment. Ability to competently interface with external contractors, sub-contractors and consultants is necessary.
- Install, repair and maintain all electrical equipment and systems for The Woodlands facility infrastructure, including emergency generators, dual-ended substations, and UPS systems, as well as the office building.
- Work primarily indoors on main & branch circuit distribution, emergency power, UPS systems, motor controls, lighting, detection/monitoring equipment, and Fire Alarm systems.
- Install power, data, voice and fiber optic cabling for office renovations and MAC (move, add, change) projects.
- Maintain and operate a sophisticated electrical distribution system including diesel-driven emergency generators, paralleling switchgear, medium-voltage substations, main-tie-main distribution switchgear, redundant UPS systems, digital static transfer switches, and associated branch circuit distribution panels.
- Perform Infrared Thermography testing and generate performance documentation reports.
- Maintain updated electrical parts inventories.
- First responder to general electrical and fire-alarm problems including equipment and distribution systems.
- Assists in performing necessary commissioning, diagnostic, and maintenance procedures (such as field verification of system functions to ensure the proper operation of building automation systems).
- Assists in the implementation of energy conservation measures by utilizing and/or modifying the existing building automation-system features.
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Prepares drawings and diagrams of system additions or revisions after installation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with operating and maintaining all aspects of power distribution including Medium voltage distribution systems, 13.8 kV synchronizing switchgear, dual-ended substations and UPS systems is required.
- A thorough understanding of emergency generators and Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) as related to high-reliability, mission-critical environment is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on fire alarm systems installations, or other low-voltage systems installations including structured cabling.
- Qualified applicants will possess a working knowledge of physical plant safety programs and shall be able to demonstrate understanding of fire life safety procedures and requirements.
- A thorough understanding of NFPA 70, 70E and 70B.
- The successful candidate must possess a current state of TX Journeyman Electrician or Maintenance Electrician License.
- The successful candidate possesses a current state of TX Journeyman Electrician or Maintenance Electrician License for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience in mission-critical power systems in a Broadcast Technical environment.
- Can troubleshoot and repair building-automation-system field cabinets, including communications equipment, printed circuit boards, power supplies, electrical/electronic controls, sensors, and transducers.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical School certificate in a related field preferred
- College degree in a related field is a plus
- Industry accredited certificate in a related field is a plus
Training for this position includes:
- High Voltage Electrical Safety
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Confined Space Entry
- Fire Extinguisher Operation/Utilization
- Spill Response Training
- Flash Hazard Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.