ESPN HVAC TechnicianApply NowApply Later Job ID 10043355 Location The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business ESPN Date posted Apr. 07, 2023
Part of a team of HVAC Technicians under the direction of the Facilities Manager utilizing an established work-order dispatch system. Responsible for maintaining all HVAC equipment and related systems at The Woodlands facility.
Primary areas of attention are supporting technical production, transmission, and data center facilities and technical equipment rooms. Must have ability to work independently when needed, but should also have a proven track record of working well in a collaborative team environment. Ability to competently interface with external contractors, sub-contractors and consultants is necessary.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance on all HVAC systems in at The Woodlands facility including, but not limited to: Electric Water Chillers, Roof mounted Air Handlers (DX and chilled water), Chilled Water Fan Coil Units, VAV boxes, gas-fired hot water boilers, chilled-water pumps, condenser-water pumps, hot-water pumps, refrigerant leak detection monitoring systems, chemical water treatment systems, fuel-oil monitoring systems and fuel-oil leak detection systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on equipment not covered by third-party preventive maintenance agreement.
- Respond to and solve HVAC related problems via established Work Order system working under supervision with a team of staff technicians. On occasion may be required to work alone and/or unsupervised.
- Maintain existing Building Management System including installation of minor system components.
- Install HVAC equipment and ductwork for minor building renovation and MAC projects.
- Assist with updating HVAC parts inventory including ordering parts as necessary through established suppliers.
- First responder to all HVAC related problems on assigned shift
- Primary focus of attention is day-to-day Chiller Plant and HVAC system reliability. Ensures HVAC systems operate effectively in support of all buildings with priority status on technical production facilities, technical equipment rooms, and radio/television studios.
- Analyzes and recommends proper course of action for problems associated with HVAC equipment.
- Assists in performing necessary commissioning, diagnostic, and maintenance procedures (such as field verification of system functions to ensure the proper operation of building automation systems).
- Assists in the implementation of energy conservation measures by utilizing and/or modifying the existing building automation-system features.
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Prepares drawings and diagrams of system additions or revisions after installation.
- Assists with plumbing repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- On occasion will be required to respond via phone to trouble calls occurring after-shift hours or on off-days.
- May be asked to coordinate on-call third-party service vendors’ response.
- The successful candidate possesses a current State of TX type Class A (Unlimited Heating, Piping and Cooling Journeyperson) or type Class B (Limited Warm Air, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Journeyperson) license for a minimum of 5 years.
- The successful candidate must possess a current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) type Universal—Refrigerant Recovery Certification.
- Fundamental knowledge of Trane Chillers, chilled water systems and sequence of operations.
- Fundamental knowledge of VFD controllers.
- Fundamental knowledge of refrigeration equipment.
High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical School certificate in a related field preferred
- College degree in a related field is a plus
- Industry accredited certificate in a related field is a plus
Additional Information: (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)
Training for this position includes:
Basic Electrical Safety
RF Safety Training
Confined Space Training
Fire Extinguisher Training
Spill Response Training
Flash Hazard Protection
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.