Network Origination OperatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 753282BR Location The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Apr. 06, 2020
The Network Origination Operators’ responsibilities will span all log preparatory duties through playout, monitoring and responding to playout issues, routing control and change requests. A successful candidate in this role must be able to maintain a high-level attention to detail across several streams and systems while being able to prioritize tasks and requests.
- Maintain and execute network operations including control and monitoring of systems as well as administrative duties and communications with supporting departments to ensure all networks are airing as instructed
- Monitor and identify components and quality of the on-air product including measurement of and validation of signal components such as closed captioning, V-Chip, format ratio, graphical placement, and SAP/DVS
- Troubleshoot video, audio, and file technical issues that may arise and be able to recover quickly and effectively while strictly following rules and regulations pertaining to legal requirements, standards and practices
- Maintain recovery expectations via the ability to analyze and recover quickly from emergent issues in high pressure situations to minimize revenue loss
- Express technical and operational issues clearly to support, engineering and management through well written reports
- Provide feedback to management that directly affects the formulation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Flexibility to work all shifts composing a 24/7 day, including swing shifts, overnights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Work constructively and respectfully with fellow team and department members to achieve a common goal while always upholding the values of The Walt Disney Company
- Provide input for the implementation of technological upgrades and projects furthering the vision of the Facility
- Media/communications or technology background
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (esp. Outlook and Excel)
- Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, organized and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Prior experience in television or streaming media field
- Knowledge of television network operations that may include traffic planning and timing calculation, playout automation systems, signal flow, measurement tools and signal elements
- Understanding of basic video formats (SD, HD, UHD, HD-HDR and video and audio standards (SMPTE)
- Understanding of video routing systems and analysis tools (waveform monitors, rasterizers and audio meters)
- Basic knowledge of live acquisition remote workflows for live events and linear channels
- Strong interest in current industry technologies and developments
- Familiarity with streaming media platforms (e.g., Netflix, Fire TV, Hulu, etc.)
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or certificate in a field related to media, broadcast, engineering, communications, computer science OR equivalent work experience
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.