Part Time Security Specialist - TX WoodlandsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10063715 Location The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business ESPN Date posted Sep. 18, 2023
The Global Security & Safety department is responsible for ensuring the safety, security and well-being of all ESPN human resources, guests and assets. In addition, the department provides security and safety services for all ESPN owned and leased facilities and ESPN remote events worldwide.
This is a Part Time positions and shift may vary. We have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift positions with varying days required. It is Part Time at 24 hours per week.
The PT Security Specialist will assist in all Main Security Office functions to include security enforcement, emergency response, monitor fire and HVAC Systems, communicate with local police and fire departments, dispatch operations, and emergency notifications. The Security Specialist will be a significant contributor to ensuring property and people protection and the safety at The Woodlands facility located in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Greet, screen, and direct all visitors following the established procedures.
- Enforce company security and parking policies consistently and fairly.
- Monitor company property, identify and report safety and security hazards.
- Secure property as directed.
- Completes and issues hot work permits.
- Conducts inspections per hot work permit processes to preserve safety at ESPN facilities.
- Conducts fire watch assignments in designated hot work areas.
- Provide appropriate general information to visitors and employees.
- Perform general security system checks.
- Perform access control duties at high traffic exterior posts in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform vehicle inspections in accordance with established inspection protocols.
- May monitor fire alarm control panel and interpret alarm indicators for emergency type and location. Rapidly reposition to location of possible emergency and assess, determine and respond within a three (3) minute timeframe from initial alarm.
- May assist with scheduling maintenance for fleet vehicles.
- May respond to medical, fire, security, and other safety related emergencies and incidents as trained and write comprehensive reports following established procedures.
- Might be asked to provide security presence at special events (on or off-campus).
- In some instances, you may be asked to establish barricades, operate gates, and generally direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- You may be asked to complete special assignments as required.
- Accurately create work orders documenting requestors name, location, type of service needed.
- Identify craft on all routine requests
- May create work orders and dispatch maintenance personnel to the correct location of requested work orders.
- Assist in the distribution and tracking of related departmental keys.
- May monitor hand held radio channels for HVAC, Electrical, Maintenance, Construction and Safety to facilitate communication between groups.
- May receive and process all requests for facilities services through phone calls or email and radio.
- May monitor main company external phone line and direct incoming telephone calls as appropriate.
- Must possess and maintain a Driver’s license valid in the state of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of customer service or related experience.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, DMV check, and urinalysis drug screen.
- Must currently possess and maintain a valid Non-Commissioned Security Officer License in the State of Texas or be able to obtain in 30 days.
- Must have the flexibility to work varying schedules (hours and days off) and work overtime as approved.
- Must have the ability to perform basic work tasks on computers, including using MS Outlook email and Word.
- Maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times.
- Must complete required hot work permit training.
- Clear teamwork focus
- Ability to perform tasks independently within established guidelines
- Must have ability to interpret audiovisual signals to identify the alarm type and respond following established protocol.
- Must have the ability to monitor fire alarm panel and rapidly respond to locations across the facility to assess and determine the seriousness of alarms to prevent interruptions to production and transmission operations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- A minimum of two (2) years security or law enforcement experience
- Superior writing ability and command of basic English grammar
- Strong leadership, judgment and decision making skills
- Highly adaptable with the ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to operate company transportation, including fleet and golf cart vehicles
- Able to take command and diplomatically control difficult situations
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in Facilities Management or similar field handling service requests
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- College degree in related field.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.