Senior Manager, Network OriginationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 753274BR Location The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Mar. 06, 2020
The Senior Manager must be familiar with all aspects of television workflows and functions. A successful candidate in this role should be able to confidently and effectively lead a large operations team while working to prioritize business needs, projects and revenue. Strong leadership qualities are required. The Senior Manager will be responsible for all team level decision making and will have interaction with executive management.
The Senior Manager will have approximately four direct reports and lead a team of approximately 40+ employees.
- Responsible for the playout origination of the Disney Media Networks
- High level ownership of business impact and risk assessment to brand and revenue
- Ensure team operations are enforcing network policies and procedures during critical situations including ensuring all rules and regulations pertaining to legal requirements, standards and practices are being met
- Interaction with Sales, Traffic, On-Air Promotions, Programming, Media Operations, Transmission Operations and Engineering to ensure playout origination is being properly executed and business needs are being met
- Will work closely with the Network Origination Managers on effective team leadership and efficient day-to-day workflows
- Lead and develop a strong, high functioning team that is able to effectively and efficiently execute assignments
- Oversee the authoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and document department processes
- Seek opportunities to improve existing processes and implement new technology
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to support operational/technology decision making and special projects
- Provide opportunities for skill development and technical training for team members as technology, workflows and best business practices constantly evolve
- Mentor team members and create an environment that encourages personal and departmental growth
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with all internal & external partners
- Provide guidance on the resolution of high profile issues
- Express technical and operational issues clearly to support, engineering and executive management through well written reports
- Working with technology peers, interface with third party vendors on current and future solutions and projects
- High availability at all times of day as business needs dictate
- Work constructively and respectfully with fellow team and department members to achieve a common goal while always upholding the values of The Walt Disney Company
- Provide input for the implementation of technological upgrades and projects furthering the vision of the Facility
- 5+ years’ experience in television operations with 2+ in a management role
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Proven team leadership experience and success in leading, training and motivating a large team
- Must be able to effectively lead a large 24/7 team
- Strong knowledge of television network operations including programming, traffic, media operations and playout
- Strong knowledge of playout automation systems
- Strong knowledge of live acquisition and remote workflows for live events and linear channels
- Basic understanding of video routing systems and analysis tools (waveform monitors, rasterizers and audio meters)
- Strong understanding of basic video formats (SD, HD, UHD, HD-HDR) and video and audio standards (SMPTE)
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (esp. Outlook and Excel)
- Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze issues and communicate quickly and effectively response plans and instructions to team members
- Must be self-motivated, organized and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Strong interest in current industry technologies and developments
- Familiarity with streaming media platforms (e.g., Netflix, Fire TV, Hulu, etc.)
- Familiarity with Disney content, brands and services
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or certificate in a field related to media, broadcast, engineering, communications OR equivalent work experience
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.