Analyst, Business Development, CPCApply Now Job ID 729019BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 11/29/2019
Job Summary:The role will be responsible for the identification and assessment of potential growth opportunities for Consumer Products Commercialization (CPC) Japan, by undertaking consumer, industry research and performing rigorous financial analysis. The candidate will work closely with each LOB within CPC Japan, prepare materials for senior management review, and contribute to the CPC business planning process. In addition, the candidate will work with CPC APAC Global Project Management (GPM) team in Singapore.
Responsibilities:- Undertake consumer and industry research to identify key consumer trends, competitive dynamics, new technologies, emerging players, etc.
- Identify new business models beyond current business
- Perform financial analysis to assess and quantify potential growth opportunities, and prepare presentation materials for evaluation and signoff by CPC senior management
- Participate in unified retail meetings, supporting strategic projects from analytical perspectives
- Contribute to the annual 5 Year Strategic Plan and AOP processes
Basic Qualifications:- 2-3 years in strategy development and/or business planning roles; Strategic consulting background a strong plus
- Strong communication skills in Japanese and English, both written and verbal
- Strong interest in media and entertainment businesses, and/or retail business
- Bachelor or above degree in business, finance, economics or science / engineering
- Dexterity with business software (particularly Excel, Powerpoint, Keynote) and database management
Preferred Qualifications:- Logical and analytical thinking; Ability to form own point of view based on objective analysis, and engage in constructive dialogue with both internal and external constituents
- Strong team player with solid work ethic; Willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and fast-paced working environment
- Energetic self-starter, passion for Disney
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ウォルト・ディズニー・ジャパン株式会社, which is part of a business segment we call パーク・エクスペリエンス・アンド・プロダクツ.