Assistant Manager / Financial Analyst, Finance, Consumer ProductsApply Now Job ID 744792BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 01/30/2020
Job Summary:This position will play an integral role in the development of strategic and financial plans for CPC. The successful candidate will work in support of lines of businesses (LOBs) to identify and analyse business trends and potential new business opportunities. The candidate will also provide key decision support to senior management team members.
Responsibilities:General areas of responsibility include:
Business Planning and Analysis
- Analyze business performance, including licensing royalty revenue from various perspectives and dimensions such as brands and franchises, product categories, licensees, consumer demographics, distribution channels, adopted technologies, market / industry analysis, etc.
- Formulate annual 5-Year Plan, annual budget and quarterly forecast, working closely with key members in LOBs (Merchandise / Publishing).
- Control division expenses in accordance with budgets. Combat revenue shortfall by reducing expenses when necessary.
- Develop presentation materials and supporting analysis required for business review meetings by management team, with emphasis on “story-telling” as well as quantitative / qualitative accuracies.
- Lead or actively participate in various cross-functional projects for organizational efficiency improvement, new business development, etc.
- Liaison with APAC finance team to smoothly proceed forecasting operation (financial modeling)
- Support with quarter-end closing for revenue recognition and accrual process
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Conduct periodical (monthly / quarterly / annually) financial reporting to US and Japan headquarters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Carry our other ad hoc reporting tasks for management team, headquarters, etc.
- SOX control and governance as key liaison with US headquarters
Basic Qualifications:- 3+ year experience in financial planning & reporting, in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Oversight of budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Experience or knowledge in accounting field is a plus.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English (written and oral).
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Dexterity with SAP and other enterprise software.
- Strong analytical skills in both speed and quality.
- Logical thinking with attention to details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player. Positive contributor. Consideration for others.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to handle multitasks for different stake holders in parallel.
- Passion for Disney.
Required Education- Bachelor Degree (Business, Finance or Economics preferred).
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call パーク・エクスペリエンス・アンド・プロダクツ.