Assistant Manager or Manager, Analysis & Strategies, Marketing, MediaApply Now Job ID 712969BR Location Japan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 11/21/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company Japan has a multi-business Media division including television, mobile content, media distribution, and a new Direct-to-Consumer video subscription service.
The Company will make decisions and develop strategies based upon the data acquired on regular basis to apply consumer behavior and insight into the marketing and the service improvement.
This position will be in charge of providing strategic POVs to the company by analyzing data.
Responsibilities:1. Principal responsibilities
- Collect data as to accumulate business intelligence for the business growth, especially the priority digital video business
- Build hypothesis, analyze the data and share with implications to improve operation for multiple teams
- Design KPI dashboards for both management and operation to decide next actions
- Estimate ROI of major actions with investment and share with implications
- Build machine learning models to visualize consumer behavior and optimize operation
- Develop strategies that would influence over improving the digital video service
2. Further Details
- Proactively analyze data by using multiple tools & methods. For digital video service, such data will include viewership to figure out consumer behaviors in watching video content in detail. Also track usage data of non-video apps and websites
- Create and share KPI dashboard that effectively help the appropriate teams to understand the consumer behaviors and decide next actions
- Develop strategies to improve marketing activities, including acquisition and retention of the customers connected by the subscription business/owned media/SNSs, as well as to improve development and programming of video/non-video content on the paid subscription business
- Communicate across multiple teams, to catch information/issues, and propose solutions
- Work with other marketing teams to support running PDCA cycles for the scope of each teams and funnels, from awareness/acquisition, to engaging customers on digital environment, primarily for the priority video service. Also be involved in research planning and reporting, to integrate business intelligence in the team to better develop hypothesis
- Work with Content teams to understand content strategies and give feedback to improve viewership of the video service, in terms of programming, user interface and original content development. Also support improving usage of non-video services
- Work with Customer Support to receive voice-of-consumers to understand guest behavior and apply in developing the strategies
- Work with Tech team to discuss and coordinate business demands and tech requirements with regard to handling data acquisition, analysis, and reporting.
- Occasionally work with the teams outside the US/Asia to share the data and implications in English
Basic Qualifications:- Professional experience in marketing or strategy planning/consulting
- 3+ years of professional experience in analyzing big data
- Knowledge on SQL and statistics/machine learning with Python
- Logical thinking to analyze data, form POVs, develop hypothesis and provide proposals
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
Preferred Qualifications:- Professional experience in the media, entertainment industry
- Professional experience in designing machine learning model with Python and knowledge on distributed processing system (ex. Hadoop/Hive/Spark etc.)
- Usage experience of BI tools such as Tableau
- Familiarity with tools & methods for digital audience analysis, access & content usage data tracking
- Written and spoken fluency in both Japanese and English 5.Desired values
- Optimism, collaboration, flexibility, modesty
- Leadership by example and desire to excel
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ウォルト・ディズニー・ジャパン株式会社, which is part of a business segment we call ダイレクト・トゥー・コンシューマ＆インターナショナル.