Business Analyst (Assistant Manager or Manager), DTC Analysis, MediaApply Now Job ID 731332BR Location Japan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 12/09/2019
The Walt Disney Company Japan has a multi-business Media division including television, mobile content, media distribution, and a new Direct-to-Consumer video subscription service.
The DTC Analysis team is the cross-functional team that provides strategic POVs for multiple teams related to the new Direct-to-Consumer video subscription service by collecting and analyzing all data of the market, consumer and guest
The business analyst is in charge of designing KPI, conducting research, evaluating and prioritizing major actions/initiatives.
- Develop strategies that contribute towards the improvement of the video service
- Design KPI dashboard and set the goal for multiple teams
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative research to gain in-depth insight
- Evaluate ROI of major actions/initiatives and set priorities
Responsibilities:- Provide timely data, analyses, and perspectives to facilitate decision-making since Direct-to-Consumer video subscription service is a new service, thus strategy must be reviewed constantly
- The scope of data for analysis of the digital video service will include consumer behavior in watching video content, accessing non-video content, and website usage. Also, x-LOB data and consumer survey data partially linked to customer ID will be utilized
- Communicate across multiple teams: marketing, guest communication, customer support, video-content programming/development, non-video content production, business technology and business development
- Facilitate various discussion topics in a different perspective depending on the team. i.e. identifying proper target, messages and optimizing the promotion portfolio for marketing, defining successful customer journey and designing PDCA flow for retention related teams, discussing seeds of new business growth with business development team
- Manage multiple BI tools to share data and insight swiftly
- Build hypothesis and test them by designing qualitative and quantitative research to both subscribers and consumers
- Work occasionally with the teams in Asia and the US to share the data and implications in English
Preferred Qualifications:- Graduate of a top Japanese or overseas university, preferably with a major in Business Administration, Finance, Management or Economics.
- Professional experience in marketing or strategy planning/consulting, preferably in the media, entertainment industry
- Professional experience of designing both qualitative and quantitative research
- Logical thinking to evaluate ROI of major action/initiatives
- Basic finance/accounting knowledge
- Compelling and persuasive presentation skill
- Knowledge on SQL and statistics/machine learning
- Strategic thinking
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Initiative taking and follow through
- Working effectively with people from various backgrounds and levels
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent Spoken/Written English and Japanese
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ウォルト・ディズニー・ジャパン株式会社, which is part of a business segment we call ダイレクト・トゥー・コンシューマ＆インターナショナル.