Director, PR & Digital Engagement, MediaApply Now Job ID 737294BR Location Japan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 01/09/2020
Job Summary:In 2019, the Walt Disney Company Japan (TWDCJ) launched Disney Deluxe, Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. TWDCJ’s Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will be aligned with the strategy of Disney+, the globally launched streaming service, in 2020 and will continue to serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
Director of PR & Digital Engagement for DTC business in TWDCJ will be responsible for devising, implementing and leading a powerful and creative communications strategy that communicates Disney Deluxe/Disney+ proposition, ensuring alignment and consistency of content across social media and other consumer facing digital platforms to maximize awareness and engagement. The strategy and campaigns developed should drive value to the business segment, create engagement with all relevant stakeholders and audiences and deliver clear results, while maintaining Disney’s corporate reputation within the industry.
Lead and effectively manage PR team and Digital Engagement team to achieve the goals below;
Business and Strategic Planning
- Develop and execute strategic, fully integrated communication strategic plans to support TWDCJ’s DTC business including the continuous expansion of Disney Deluxe and the successful launch of Disney +.
- Develop and manage annual budgets related to areas of responsibility and ensure they are appropriately tracked throughout the year
- Liaise with all LOBs and seek synergy opportunities across the businesses in order to make communication efforts as efficient and effective as possible.
- Create/approve all media materials including press releases, Q&A documents, presentations, statements and speeches
- Maximize digital touch points with potential users through social and web media platforms.
- Partner with Marketing Strategy team to create and deliver bridge content for user acquisition. Content, messaging, and positioning will be used on digital and social media platforms and accurately and appropriately represent TWDCJ’s DTC service and drive engagement for future content/function releases.
- Partner with Marketing Strategy team and Analysis team to identify new platforms and market trends, and coordinate new site and platform launches.
- Identify KPIs for digital initiatives, analyze digital data, and apply learnings to future engagement strategies
- Create, audit, and manage YouTube campaigns to increase subscribers of TWDCJ YouTube channel and maximize the media value.
- Oversee the distribution of internal and external communications, with a focus on continuous improvement to quickly and effectively deliver accurate and timely information to key stakeholders.
- Build pride in the organization
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Communications to offer advice and guidance to the Media leadership team on issues that arise, messaging, internal announcements and press statements and recommendations on the best/most appropriate platforms on which to communicate both internally and externally
- Monitor the news agenda closely – and demonstrate a good understanding of the industry Work to proactively trouble shoot on issues, providing advice and guidance to the business
- Extensive experience working in broadcast & media is essential, with a deep knowledge of how consumer stories/campaigns are developed and play out across all media channels
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Crisis communications experience
- Experience of working in (or with) a large, complex international matrix organization
- A dynamic approach with proven leadership qualities, top level influencing skills and the ability to operate effectively in a collaborative, fast moving environment
- Disciplined organizational skills in all aspects of job performance with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a creative way, with enthusiasm in their approach and the ability to inspire these qualities in the team
- Proven strategic insight, with ability to see the bigger picture and always be thinking about the ‘big idea’ that will take the Communications team to the next level
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- High level of corporate professionalism, maturity, and political savvy.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ウォルト・ディズニー・ジャパン株式会社, which is part of a business segment we call ダイレクト・トゥー・コンシューマ＆インターナショナル.