Manager, Finance, LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 768739BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 11/11/2020
Business Planning and Analysis
- Analyze business performance, including licensing royalty revenue from various perspectives and dimensions such as brands and franchises, product categories, licensees, consumer demographics, distribution channels, adopted technologies, market / industry analysis, etc.
- Dive deeply into financial data, predict future financial trends, and proactively provide insights and financial advice to senior management.
- Formulate annual 5-Year Plan, annual budget and quarterly forecast, working closely with key members in Licensing team.
- Control division expenses in accordance with budgets. Combat revenue shortfall by reducing expenses when necessary.
- Develop presentation materials and supporting analysis required for business review meetings by management team, with emphasis on “story-telling” as well as quantitative / qualitative accuracies.
- Lead or actively participate in various cross-functional projects for organizational efficiency improvement, new business development, etc.
- Liaison with APAC finance team to smoothly proceed forecasting operation (financial modeling)
- Support for quarter-end closing regarding revenue recognition and accrual process
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Conduct periodical (monthly / quarterly / annually) financial reporting to US and Japan headquarters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Carry our other ad hoc reporting tasks for management team, headquarters, etc.
- SOX control and governance as key liaison with US headquarters
- Supervise/coach team members and develop them as future talents
- Provide effective feedback and motivate them to maximize their performance
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.