Manager, Retail Creative DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 873883BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 10/11/2021
Job Summary:- The Design Manager of APAC Retail Creative will be responsible for the design development of Disney’s APAC retail destinations and experiences spanning the entire portfolio of Brands and Franchises - Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, 20th century studio, National Geographic and more. The Design Manager will work as a team member of APAC Retail Creative team and manage internal team and local agencies in the development of innovative retail design solutions for especially the Japan market.
- Creative design execution across all branded retail design experiences in Japan.
- Lead and manage the retail projects for the full TWDC portfolio of brands.
- Liaison with internal project stakeholders including - Marketing, Graphic Design, Product design, Commercial, Content Partners (Studios) and Brand Management teams.
- Design execution of retail stores and shop-in-shops delivering on- trend retail design solutions.
- Manage the flow of work and appropriate graphics resources to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Manage and direct outside consultants.
- Outstanding design vision with proven track record of delivering innovative retail experiences.
- Hands-on, ability to convey design ideas and concepts quickly to leadership and business partners.
- In-depth knowledge of the local Marketplace with an understanding of the competitive market, consumers, tech and retail trends.
- Knowledge of visual merchandising best practices, with proven experience in retail presentation.
- Technical proficiency required to standardize fixture package - fixture detailing - and new fixture development.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate creative ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams. Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people skills, diplomacy and collaborative spirit.
- Multi-tasking capabilities, with ability to project manage working on a variety of projects in parallel.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment.
- Establish best practice internal processes.
- Super creative, out-of-the-box visionary capable of bringing forth innovative retail design ideas that deliver strong business results.
- Designer with an exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the guest experience and passion for TWDC portfolio of brands.
- Bold, optimistic and passionate creative with the ability to mentor and works as a team member across geographies
- 6+ years experience in retail design, branded architecture and experiential design with a major retail company or top design agency.
- Prior management experience leading a high performing design team for top brands.
- Proficient with CAD, Sketch UP, 3D rendering, and Adobe Creative Suite.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.