Paralegal, Japan Legal AffairsApply Now Job ID 707551BR Location Japan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 11/21/2019
- Provide substantive legal support for Disney lawyers as necessary and often directly to all Disney’s businesses and corporate divisions in Japan, and in particular with regard to general corporate, HR, privacy and compliance.
- Drafting, review, interpretation, and administration of legal documents.
- Preparation of memoranda and correspondence.
- Contract negotiation relating to Disney businesses and corporate matters in Japan.
- Advise and counsel business members on legal and regulatory issues affecting business in Japan.
- Coordinate with other members of Disney’s Legal Department as needed (both domestic and international).
- Legal research.
- English-Japanese translation.
- Japan Legal Affairs
- Japan corporate divisions (HR, Finance, IT, Facility)
- Japan business division (e.g., Consumer Products, Media, Studio)
- US Legal Department
- Outside counsel retained by Disney
- A minimum of 3 years of legal experience in law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning Japanese civil code, corporate/commercial law, employment law, privacy law, and intellectual property law.
- Keen analytical insight and strong legal capability.
- Understanding of the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the Japanese entertainment industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of a diverse nature.
- Native Japanese language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent writing and drafting skills in Japanese and English
Preferred Education- J.D., LL.B., LL.M., or equivalent;
- 2 years or more of education for or experience of taking national bar exam is a plus.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ウォルト・ディズニー・ジャパン株式会社, which is part of a business segment we call ダイレクト・トゥー・コンシューマ＆インターナショナル.