Senior Attorney or Counsel, Japan Legal AffairsApply Now Job ID 746699BR Location Japan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 02/07/2020
Job Summary:- Provide legal support for the expansion and growth of Disney’s businesses in Japan in general, and in particular with respect to Disney’s Unified Retail business, which includes brick and mortar Disney Stores, eCommerce, and business technology.
- Draft, review and interpret all Unified Retail agreements in Japan, including licenses, NDAs, and service agreements, as well as memoranda and correspondence.
- Advise executives on business strategy. -
- Support implementation of Product Integrity and International Labor Standards initiatives in Japan.
- Instruct, oversee and manage outside counsel.
- Negotiate with third parties (general service agreements, etc.).
- Provide legal support to non-Unified Retail business segments as needed (e.g., Consumer Product Licensing, Media, Games, Corporate Compliance, etc.).
- Coordinate with other members of Disney’s Legal Department to provide legal support and advice to Disney businesses in Japan.
Basic Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- Ecommerce and IP licensing experience preferred.
- 5 years or more experience working at a law firm or multinational corporate legal department in Japan, and an understanding of Japan corporate culture.
- J.D., LL.B., LL.M., or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Admitted to practice law in Japan or an English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Solid experience and understanding of (i) the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise, and (ii) issues concerning Japanese corporate/commercial law and Japanese intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark and unfair competition.
- Keen analytical insight and strong legal capability.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the Japanese retail industry.
- Native Japanese language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading.
- Excellent English language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.