Senior Engineer, Product IntegrityApply NowApply Later Job ID 778807BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 03/24/2021
Job Summary:Product Reviews (TDSJ and Licensed):
- Perform compliance product review for all assigned business units.
- Review Product packaging for language content/safety and regulatory issues.
- Provide disposition of testing reports and communicate same to affected parties clearly and in a timely manner.
- Notify merchants and vendors of upcoming significant regulatory changes or Product Guideline revisions.
- Communicate with testing laboratories and suppliers/licensees to ensure clarity of test requirements and appropriate testing is performed.
- Maintain and update Disney Technical Product specifications, as required (Product Guidelines, Test Protocol, etc.)
- Tracks and trends in Guest complaints and injuries
- Perform shelf audit as needed.
- Communicating internationally to buying teams on non-compliance and design considerations from a safety standpoint.
- Provide vendor training on Product Integrity processes, regulations and design requirements
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with assigned Disney Sourcing groups and Buyers, worldwide, to ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered within cost and on time
- Act as a technical resource and safety consultant to Disney Sourcing Buying Groups, Buyers and licensees regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney product safety requirements for specific types of merchandise
- Provide education to Product/Brand Management, and other groups as needed on product safety regulations and trends in regulations, and standards for the global marketplace
- Works with management to develop and maintain department’s standard operating procedures and technical databases
- Answer, explanation for the inquiry to OPA and PRR testing
- Provide licensee training on OPA/PI component
- Serving as an intermediary between licensing teams and New Product Review Committee
Basic Qualifications:Over 10 years in consumer product compliance/safety
Working experience including product safety in food industry
Preferred Qualifications:Working knowledge of US consumer product regulations is a plus
English and Japanese proficiency (Professional level)
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Ability to manage multiple project at once
Proficient with MS Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook
Required EducationBachelor’s of Science Degree Engineering or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.