Senior Manager or Manager, Operation, Home EntertainmentApply Now Job ID 750901BR Location Japan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 02/28/2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Retail Business Management (RBM) belongs to Direct-to-Consumer segment and is a sales-based organization overseeing distribution for all The Walt Disney Company filmed content beyond the theatrical window, including Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, FOX and third vendors. In collaboration with key stakeholders, RBM formulates marketing and sales strategies, as it relates to the pricing, windowing, licensing and distribution of Disney’s content throughout their lifecycles, including development of innovative models and tactics for monetizing and maximizing revenue in a rapidly changing media landscape.
As Sr. Manager or Manager, Operation, Retail Business Management, the candidate will
- Manage supply chain and business operation of physical productions in home entertainment business (Blu-ray/DVD/Movie-NEX).
- As a negotiating window, achieve an optimum deal within contract.
- Conduct a proactive and early resolution of issues related to SCM, to conduct operational timely.
- Lead outside and cross functional project of physical production.
- To build the optimal total production standard cost (preproduction and replication), regularly checking the fixed and variable costs.
- To propose and implement cost reduction through the analysis of the business process.
Optimization of business
- In order to achieve sales, the Senior Manager agrees the short, medium-and long-term plan, and he/she implement production plan with the strategy.
- To promote the quality of customer service of physical productions.
- To manage the distribution, shipping and return, disposal, the optimization of inventory.
- To manage the quality and sales of Walt Disney Company through the maintenance of product master.
- To establish efficient procedure with understanding production capacity and system functions.
- To manage entire staff, and evolve reasonably.
Review of the process according to project
- The charge of loose ends, the fluid issues, and to be introduced through the cross function projects.
- To manage three months ahead material planning for appropriate production and safety stock through forecast and actual shipping data.
- Plan, manage and implement new technology installation.
Career Development for Staff
- Maximize the capability of own group and its members from the short and long term perspective (common for managers)
- Hold regular and occasional meetings for information sharing within the group
- Plan / develop / conduct training program for group
- Conduct continuously business process improvement in group
Basic Qualifications:At least 5 years of manager experience in Supply chain management.
Preferred Qualifications:Core Competencies
- Business Acumen, Teamwork, Creative Thinking, Initiative, Leadership, Diversity Management
-Self Management, Change Management,
-Planning and Organization, Risk Management
-Attention to Detail, Contract Management, Quality Management
-Oral Communication, Written Communication, Influencing/Negotiating
-Customer Orientation, Problem Solving, Multitask capability
- Workload Management, Project Management
- English Skills(TOEIC 800~)
- Knowledge of logistics job and inventory management
Required EducationBachelor’s degree and above
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.