Sr. Manager, Organizational Development & Talent SolutionsApply Now Job ID 764070BR Location Japan Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 08/03/2020
Job Summary:The Sr. Manager, Organizational Development & Talent Solutions (OTS) is responsible mainly for contributing and supporting organizational effectiveness and capability development across Japan, but can also support across North Asia markets. The successful candidate is expected to partner with local HR Business Partners and business leaders to assess, identify, design and deliver solutions related but not limited to learning, leadership, talent and other organizational development initiatives. He/she will be responsible for designing and providing effective and multiple solutions to internal client groups, as well as facilitating team and organizational interventions in line with the business needs and team/organization dynamics. This role also include running and administering global and local training programs as part of the company learning curriculum and/or client groups’ learning and development plans, as well as assist other LOBs/Functions’ learning projects as required. To be effective in this role, the prospective individual must possess advanced consulting skills, strategic systems thinking, creative out-of-box solutions, effective program design and management, and high impact training and facilitation capabilities.
Responsibilities:Business Partnering & Consulting
- As a strategic OTS partner, work with business and HRBPs to observe, diagnose, consult, plan and implement organization effectiveness and capability development solutions that can support and impact specific business needs and team dynamics.
- Partner with OTS colleagues to provide holistic 1-stop solution in building capabilities and effectiveness across the organization inclusive of but not limited to learning, leadership, talent and other organizational development initiatives.
- Research and advise clients on the latest trend in learning, leadership, talent development and organization effectiveness.
- Develop measures, benchmarks, or scorecards to monitor the effectiveness of leadership development efforts; apply these measures to drive progress in talent management and retention
Organization Development & Effectiveness
- Work as a proactive partner and facilitator to support the business transformation and culture change initiatives.
- Provide consulting on effective and optimal organization design for better business and function, while supporting resulting leadership and team transitions.
- Help the leaders and groups to identify and solve opportunities by structuring the discussion and intervening when necessary to improve the effectiveness of the group's collaboration and outcomes.
- Design and facilitate workshop, business meetings and team coaching activities etc. in an engaging, energetic and culturally sensitive manner for all level of leaders and employees.
- Identify and manage high quality external partnerships to assist in the deployment of OD, talent and learning solutions that contribute to organizational success.
- Leverage assessment, coaching and development tools, ensuring integration into the business and maximize benefit.
- Develop organization capacity for current and future business needs through relevant learning curriculum, leadership programs and talent strategies aligned to business strategy and plans, and ensuring enhanced employee performance.
- Develop core and functional competencies with learning programs and blended solutions, i.e., trainings, workshops, speaker series, panel discussion, e-learning, team building activities and the like; be a master trainer for critical courses, coaching and developing internal trainers to support implementation.
- Design high impact leadership development interventions for business leaders and management teams addressing their key business leadership challenges and growth opportunities.
- Provide consulting support to develop the required talent mix and pipeline to grow the business and transform organizations.
- Introduce diversity and inclusion interventions and best practices promoting more open, safe and inclusive work environment and culture.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders such as global OTS COE, HRBPs, business leaders/managers, external consultant etc. to leverage relevant tools and resources.
- Measure and report the impact of OTS interventions using leadership pipelines, talent bench, diversity mix, organization surveys, learning metrics and business/team performance results for maximum ROI.
- Join annual OTS planning and quarterly learning calendar management.
- Support OTS learning operation management and optimization.
- Align with brand communications and learning EVP building.
- Conduct best practice sharing and support team members to increase their effectiveness in applying instructional program design and delivery quality.
- Manage ad hoc projects as and when required
Basic Qualifications:- Minimum of 10 years successful track record of developing, aligning and delivering learning, leadership and OD strategies and programs to business strategy and able to realize measurable business impact
- Proven facilitation skills and solid experience in both Japanese and English.
- Demonstrate substantial business acumen with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between OTS solutions and business strategy.
- Deep subject matter expertise, using best practice approaches and personal passion in progressive core learning, organizational development theory and talent development experience.
- With exceptional communication and influence skills, capable of managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Exhibit capability to identify innovative ways for OTS to support the business strategy.
- Mature and possess a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proactive and collaborative team player.
- A good balance between strategic thinking and attention to details.
- Business travel is required for this job.
- Global and/or regional job, consulting firm, and/or people management experience/s a plus.
Preferred Education- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline (i.e. Human Resources, Adult Education, Psychology) from an accredited educational institution, masters preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.