Explore more roles by using our guided searches:SHIPBOARD » ISLAND » SHORESIDE »
Company ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10042118 Location Toronto, Canada Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Mar. 07, 2023
Disney Cruise Line (DCL), a division of The Walt Disney Company, operates a five-ship fleet of premium class cruise liners and is the industry leader in family vacations at sea. DCL Entertainment (Toronto) is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company Canada, and serves as the rehearsal headquarters for DCL’s award-winning theatrical productions. Within a state of the art entertainment rehearsal facility, DCL’s production teams pride themselves on creating memorable family entertainment that is both enchanting and magical – delighting the young and young at heart with legendary Disney storytelling.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and reporting to the Production Manager, the Company Manager oversees the administrative and logistical side of the rehearsal operation including, travel, contracts, budgeting, invoicing, payroll, housing and facility needs.
- Lead a team of company manager coordinators responsible for logistical and administrative operations of the DCL Rehearsal Facility in Toronto.
- Manage both emergency and non-emergency situations affecting cast and production/creative teams within the facility, corporate housing, and during business travel.
- Partner with Production Manager on annual forecasting of rehearsal and crossover dates, for multiple rehearsal casts and project teams.
- Partner with Production Manager in the negotiation of contracts with outside services and housing providers.
- Strategize, develop and implement efficient travel and lodging status tracking tools for cast, creative and production teams.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with key partners including direct reports, Shipboard Teams, Human Resources, DCL Medical, Recruiting, Casting, Production and Creative Teams, Celebration Logistics Teams, Housing Providers, Landlords and Disney Executives
- Oversee cast payroll, accounting and tax issues and applicable Canadian labor laws.
- Ability to listen and manage delicate and unexpected situations requiring empathy and patience, in partnership with HR and DCL Leadership.
- Thorough understanding of Immigration Compliance requirements including Visas, Passports and border crossings guidelines.
- Partner with Production Manager to ensure annual budgetary goals are achieved.
- Actively participate in team meetings contributing ideas and solutions.
- Create and maintain a pleasant open and welcoming space for the Toronto Team and all visiting Performers and Production Teams.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Theatre Production and Entertainment management.
- Post-Secondary education in business administration, events management, or arts management.
- Solid understanding of the Performing Arts and LIVE Entertainment rehearsal processes.
- Corporate and Cruise Industry experience considered an asset.
- Strong ability to lead a team and make decisions in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Superior listening and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and follow up practices.
- Thrives in an environment of constant change while maintaining a sense of humor inspiring positivity throughout the team.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in pressurized situations.
- Understands big picture impacts.
- Understands budgets and brings basic accounting skills to the role.
- Excellent presentation and corporate communication skills.
- Full computer literacy - Powerpoint, Excel, Smartsheet, Microsoft applications etc. Experience with SAP is an asset.
- Able to work with a flexible and fluid production schedule including weekends and long days during busy periods.
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.