Explore more roles by using our guided searches:SHIPBOARD » ISLAND » SHORESIDE »
Production SupervisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10041731 Location Toronto, Canada Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 21, 2023
Disney Cruise Line (DCL), a division of The Walt Disney Company, operates a five-ship fleet of premium class cruise liners and is the industry leader in family vacations at sea. DCL Entertainment (Toronto) is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company Canada, and serves as the rehearsal headquarters for DCL’s award-winning theatrical productions. Within a state of the art entertainment rehearsal facility, DCL’s production teams pride themselves on creating memorable family entertainment that is both enchanting and magical – delighting the young and young at heart with legendary Disney storytelling.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for organizing, coordinating, operating and scheduling of all rehearsals for multiple casts.
- Creates and maintains daily rehearsal, fittings and crossover schedules - partnering with shoreside and shipboard teams.
- Manages all in studio rehearsals and breaks keeping room focused and on schedule.
- Manages Contract Riders for designated cast.
- Conducts meetings, presentations, reviews, briefs with cast leadership teams regarding creative, technical and operational procedures.
- Partners with Resident Director and Creative Team in identifying the cast leadership team.
- Conducts informational meetings with cast regarding shipboard procedures.
- Timely communication of informational updates.
- Manages scripts, scores and music changes.
- Maintains and updates “rehearsal/calling script” for each show with all the technical cues, including notes on lighting, sound, props, scenic, and special effects as well as blocking and production notes.
- Responsible for managing all rehearsal props, set pieces and overall organization of studios.
- Reports and monitors the Cast re compliance for Company policies and performance expectations.
- Ensures positive and productive interactions exist amongst cast.
- Deliver or ensure delivery of all HR related courses.
- Ensures rehearsal space is set for all rehearsals.
- Responsible for the coordination of all stunt rehearsals & logistics.
- May be required to travel to the ship for technical rehearsals and or run of show for 2 – 3 weeks at a time.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience in entertainment stage management or production / theatre related position.
- 4+ years’ experience in an entertainment management/production support role.
- Proven experience and understanding of Disney Character & Theatrical operations.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to assess and manage competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiency – Excel, Word, Outlook and Keynote. (nice to have but not necessary)
- Demonstrated scheduling, management and leadership skills.
- This position will occasionally be required to travel to the ships for projects and or short term assignments onboard for 2 – 3 weeks at a time.
- Agreeable to all maritime sailing and seafarer guidelines, requirements and regulations, including sailing onboard the DCL ships statused as “crew" and assigned to the crew manifest.
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.