Sales AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 889730BR Location Toronto, Ontario, Canada Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 19, 2021
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with exhibition circuits, theatre owners and film buyers for select accounts. Maximize and optimize our film releases in Canada, including French Quebec, with the use of negotiation skills, analytics and strong relationships.
- Manage billings and collection of film rental and ensure accounts remain current.
- Coordinate and schedule the classification of all feature films with regional classification boards.
- Manage all aspects of pre-release & special screenings within Canada working with internal and external partners. This includes trade screenings, word of mouth screenings, promotional screenings, press and research screenings.
- Analyze sales performance by account/customer.
- Support Studio Cash Department to help manage daily cash applications.
- Support the Sales team with entry and analysis of flash grosses and box office reports as well as monitoring program schedules, accounts receivables, payables, SAP Casual Buyer, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with external distribution industry partners.
- 3+ years of sales experience preferably within the Entertainment or Media related Industry.
- Current knowledge on business issues, trends and technological advances in the Entertainment Industry.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, relationship building (internal/external) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously.
- Manage projects while dealing effectively with pressure and short timelines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Bilingual - French/English fluency is an asset.
- Proficiency in studio-based systems, as well as third-party systems like ComScore and Webedia
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents.
- Experience with SAP and AP/AR activities is an asset.
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel as required.
- University Degree preferably with a Business focus or equivalent.
Additional Information:Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Pictures Distribution Canada, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.