Senior Manager, Distribution and SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 820047BR Location Toronto, Ontario, Canada Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 28, 2021
The Senior Manager, Distribution & Sales will report to the VP, Head of Content Sales – Canada, and will be working closely with Canadian distribution and programming partners to drive the sales & distribution of DTC products, networks, media and digital content for linear and SVOD partners.
- Manage client relationships and the distribution of Disney content, driving revenue targets in line with expectations across the company’s portfolio covering all content genres and platforms in the territory
- Assist in building a robust strategy, develop the execution plan, proactively identify content distribution opportunities and lead selected sales activities
- Work with the sales team in developing, negotiating, and closing deals with attention to nuances of local regulations and distribution
- Assist in negotiations to distribute the company’s Direct-to-consumer products
- Work with US counterparts for deal analysis, rights management, contracts and processes
- Serve as a market specialist and trusted consultant on regulatory landscape, media relationship, market environment and technology trends
- Collaborate with Sales Services & Marketing team on developing powerful pitch materials
- Leverage local synergy opportunities with clients across functions and business units internally and externally including Theatrical, Home Entertainment, DTC and Parks and Resorts
- 10 + years of sales experience within the Canadian Entertainment Media Industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of content distribution, marketplace intelligence, emerging technology and competitive landscape is essential
- Established relationships within the Canadian media and sales community
- Strong people skills – including written and communications skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven successful track record
- Ability to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and persuasive influential presentations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and structurally, with a track record in sales content licensing and distribution
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, working quickly in a fast-paced environment while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Must work well with others in a collaborative and solutions-focused manner
- Bilingual - French/English fluency is an asset
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Ability to travel as required
- Undergraduate Degree in business or a related field or equivalent experiences
Additional Information:Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Canada Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.