Sr. Digital DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10010605 Location Toronto, Canada Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jul. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for a creative and highly organized Sr. Digital Designer to develop engaging visual assets to help grow Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer (eg. Disney+) subscribers and viewer engagement in Canada. The successful candidate for this role will have a background in a variety of disciplines including motion graphics, video editing, HTML5 animation, static graphics for outputs including social, digital, online, email, video, print design, and OOH. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Program Management, for Canada with a dotted line into our central design org in New York.
As the Sr. Digital Designer, you’ll be responsible for the creation and delivery of all things digital including rich media display, web based marketing landing pages, weekly lifecycle email campaigns, original multi-platform assets, social, online, OOH and more.
You'll thrive in this role if you are an experienced Digital Designer with a keen attention to detail who enjoys keeping up with the latest design, motion, digital and video techniques, trends, and technologies. You are as comfortable following a creative design brief as you are drawing on your own creativity to help take projects to the next level. You show a high degree of initiative and excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and can manage multiple disparate projects concurrently.
- Support Disney+ Canada teams with the production of picture perfect digital marketing assets, inclusive of occasional video editing for press junkets.
- Create original multi-platform assets including static and animated digital, social, online, OOH and print graphics, managing the project from conception to delivery.
- Work hand-in-hand with the North American Marketing, Content, and Partnership teams to deliver quality creative assets as needed.
- Bring new and fresh ideas to creative meetings. Research and collect ideas and references that could inspire and be relevant to our growing audiences.
- Generate innovative social content ideas and collaborate with various stakeholders internally and externally to bring concepts to life.
- Participate in ideation and creative performance sessions to incorporate learnings back into future campaigns.
- Maintain brand integrity, and adhere to brand guidelines throughout the creative and production process.
- Be informed of technological trends and new releases, communicate new ideas, concepts, and innovations with colleagues, and continually contribute to the quality and creativity of the team to ensure our offering is class leading.
- Manage projects and deadlines proactively.
- Support a highly-positive team culture.
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of Disney+ Canada’s product, workplace standards and practices.
- 7+ years of experience as a Digital Designer working in a creative agency or with a large brand in a creative capacity, ideally completing major projects in the entertainment or media space.
- Portfolio of world-class videos demonstrating digital design and motion graphics proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with a keen eye for details.
- Mastery of the principles of design, such as colour theory, typography, graphics, motion graphics and file creation optimized for social, digital, print, online and broadcast.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Cloud: proficiency in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro as well as Google Web Designer/Adobe Animate.
- Proven competency and superior knowledge of social platforms, formats and social media tools.
- Excellent organization skills, balancing competing priorities. Self-managed and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
- Expert in design with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritize and allocate work in order to meet delivery deadlines.
- Strong team player and able to work in a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to proof-check your own work.
- Working with agencies to deliver brand campaign assets aligned to brand guidelines.
- HTML5 experience.
- BA/BS in Design, Fine Art, Advertising or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.