Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC News Digital Internship- Spring 2022 REMOTEApply NowApply Later Job ID 873686BR Location United States Business ABC News Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
You will be expected to join Digital’s twice daily internal news meetings, help with the production of both video and text content, including templating stories. You will also be expected to pitch story ideas for both text and video content. You will work with Digital’s print and video editors to craft the stories and see them through to completion and publication on our website.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Log video footage and help conduct research on the segments
- Assist in gathering elements for news stories (i.e. photos, footage, music)
- Help producers look for potential bookings and help coordinate field productions
- Assist with covering breaking news events (for example, helping with live blog coverage
- Turn around day-of stories with speed and accuracy
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Self-starter and have a collaborative spirit
- Interest in national and international news
- Willing to learn the various skills needed to craft both video and text content
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or Avid News Cutter is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Please submit a cover letter/resume with links to samples of your writing and/or video work
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship OR Disney College Program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January to May 2022
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (40 hours/week, typically 8:30am- 4:30pm) in Eastern Standard time for the duration of the internship
About ABC News:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.