Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Human Resources ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514083BR Location , United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Cruise Line Date posted 01/03/2018
Travel the globe while developing your career with a world-renowned leader! As the Assistant Human Resources Manager, you will act as the onboard HR generalist and assist with coordination of employee policies, performance management, compensation and benefits, and general HR services.
Leverage your strategic partnership skills to build strong relationships and acts as a trusted advisor. You will play an integral role within Disney Cruise Line, ensuring that our performance management processes are delivered consistently and effectively, in order to uphold Company policies and procedures at the highest level.
ResponsibilitiesYour excellent interpersonal and presentation skills will be indispensable, as you start your new adventure. Work closely with multiple HR teams, both shipboard and shore side, as well as with department leaders aboard the ships. Showcase your HR knowledge consistently and fairly as the employee relations liaison. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, sense of empathy, and passion for your work are essential in this role.
- 2+ years of experience working within a Human Resources role directly tied to facilitation, compliance, HR Services
- 1+ years in a leadership and/or Operations role
- Working knowledge of and proven experience of employee relations and/or performance management concepts and practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, shipboard environment with limited contact with friends and family on shore
- 1+ year in a leadership or operations role preferred
- Previous experience within the cruise industry and/or Disney experience a plus
- Knowledge of Fidelio and/or SAP a plus
Company OverviewDisney Cruise Line has established itself as a globally recognized leader in entertainment and hospitality. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow, personally and professionally. Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to flourish, while working for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
Contract length is 4 months onboard/2 months off. Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off contract, as long as a return contract is signed, including: Group Medical Coverage; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; Retirement Savings Plan option (90-day wait to participate, 1 year wait for company match)
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.