Assistant Port Adventures ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 732159BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Mar. 09, 2020
- Ensure a positive Guest experience onboard while on tour in all ports of call
- Liaise with shore excursion providers to provide accurate counts for all excursions prior to arrival, change in needs or normal operational schedule
- Track data related to Guests bookings – which Guests are booking which excursions; Maintain sales data and history
- Liaise with vendors in relation to quantity of guests on each excursion, changes in needs, and alterations to normal excursion schedule
- Coordinate end of cruise report ensuring this captures excursion totals, incident reports and other pertinent information
- Coordinate implementation of refunds with Guest Services as needed
- Handle Guest issues as they arise
- Perform site inspections for possible new tours
- Minimum two-three years experience in recreation, tour operations, camp or activity center, catering to all ages
- Minimum one year experience working within a leadership or supervisory position that demonstrates sales experience, recreational experience and/or tour operations knowledge
- Previous ship operations experience, desired
- Proven computer skills
- Proven experience working in tour or excursion sales and/or a high volume Guest services environment in a resort setting
- Demonstrated interest in Port Adventures (shore excursions)
- Education concentrating on hospitality and/or business related preferred
- Ability to pass a pre-hire swim and successfully complete lifeguard training (conducted upon arrival on Orlando, Florida); certification requirements must also be maintained throughout contract
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected.
Additional Information:This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.