Associate Technical Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 901483BR Location Remote, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
The Client-side DevOps team provides internal tooling and support to our Front-End Development teams, including but not limited to, internal build tools, mock services, HLS playback simulation, and more.
- Schedule and lead routine Agile ceremonies (daily scrum, sprint planning and kick off, retrospectives, etc.)
- Keep track of sprint metrics, identify trends and anomalies, coach the team on following our processes and improving our practices.
- Unblock the team, coordinate team dependencies, ensure tickets are flowing from Work Queue to Done in a steady predictable manner.
- Work with developers to compose and edit technical documentation via GitHub, review developer documentation in pull requests for errors and readability.
- Prioritize all SDK team needs and requests, represent our team at daily SDK standups, provide highest level of responsiveness to all teams we support.
- Coordinate with other teams to identify needs, priorities, dependencies and risks.
- Test, document and communicate all updates to Mock Services.
- Work closely with fellow TPMs to create and execute actionable plans that support our long term goals and strategy for our department.
- Aid and improve our team’s QA process, test coverage, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Monitor Slack channels to ensure customer needs are always met with timely responses and solutions. Provide prompt and friendly support to anyone looking for help with any of our tools or services.
- Practical real-world experience with Agile software development (Scrum Master certification a big plus)
- Strong trouble shooting skills, great attention to detail, thorough and diligent
- Previous experience in QA, QE, automated testing, and CI/CD a plus
- Some level of basic project management experience desired, but not required (we will train the right individuals!)
- Good consultative, customer focused, service skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated, with a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to facilitate and run effective meetings, inspire teamwork, and lead a project team
- JIRA, Confluence, Github, Jenkins, POSTman, Slack
- Manual and automated testing and test planning
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working with command line
- Experience with CI/CD tooling and workflows
- Knowledge of Swagger and REST APIs a big plus
- Experience in media, media delivery, content publishing, broadcast tv, and/or related fields
- Lean Startup / Lean Enterprise practitioners a plus
- College degree preferred
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.